The internet is one of the best inventions ever (with apologies to the wheel). But are you using it efficiently? Here are 10 ways you can take out a little more out of the web.
1. You can type in ‘google timer’ in Google for a timer with alarm
2. Search this in Google for direct MP3 links
3. View hidden PASSWORD in browser
4. You can play MP3 and movies directly on your Google Chrome browser; just drag files into the Chrome window
5. Google ‘food vs food’ to bring up a comparative analysis
6. Convert YouTube videos to GIF by adding ‘gif’ before ‘YouTube’ in the URL
For example, if the video URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyz, then enter http://www.gifyoutube.com/watch?v=xyz to get its GIF.
7. Paste image URL directly to open it and edit in paint
8. Bored? Go to Google images and search ‘Atari Breakout’
9. Bored again? Search the words below in Google: Do a Barrel Roll, Tilt, Google in 1998, Zerg Rush, Pacman, Blink Html
10. Shake YouTube by searching ‘do the Harlem Shake’ on YouTube.
If you know of any other cool tips and tricks, let us know in the comments section below.
Visit 10 Minute School’s website www.10minuteschool.com
If you want to unleash the writer in yourself and contribute for 10 Minute School, simply send your write-up to the following e-mail address: [email protected]